Friday, March 6, 2009

New Work

I had a critique a few weeks ago with a fantastic group of women from the U of MN. They were tough, which is exactly what I need at this point, and had some excellent comments. It took me a few days to digest what we talked about (and I'm still digesting, I guess!), but I've started a new round of work as a result of our conversation. Looking back, I realize I haven't had a critique since I was a senior in college, which is going on eight years ago now! I was definitely due... Here is a glimpse of the new direction I'm taking things - the same ideas, but delivered using a slightly different approach.

4 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Boy I feel like I'm hanging by a thread; love the background too.

Anonymous said...

excellent!

Ron said...

Hey Kip. Man I could use a good crit too. Cool to see you trying out some new ideas. I'm working on the latex idea and I have a few pots in the kiln with trailed glazes. Things for me will probably look worse before they look better. Hope to be in MN in May. If so I'll be coming by the NCC.

carole epp said...

fantastic piece!