Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Boo...

So I was doing my usual pottery schlep today - the photo below demonstrates why it can be a pain to haul delicate things around. I had three of these plates with me, two of which were un-decorated. Of course the one that broke was nearly complete... You gotta love ceramics!! At least I know I can make another one and hopefully improve upon the design.

My glaze class at NCC is really kicking into high gear. I have over 80 test tiles waiting to be fired (phew!) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something (anything!!) turns out. I've got a number of colorant tests going into this kiln as well as some more base glaze tiles. I think I'm narrowing in on something that will work, but I've still got some crazing issues to sort out. Scott suggested revisiting the glaze I was tinkering with at PCA which I realize should have been done at the very beginning... But, it's mixed now and hopefully will yeild some helpful results.

Hopefully I'll post some pictures of whole plates at some point soon...

No comments: